Paulo's Place

Anything - and I mean anything - on the wacky, bored mind of Paulo Camacho.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Random Thoughts Pt. II

Did you realize how many 'Mike's there are coaching in the NFL? I mean, look:
Mike Shanahan, Denver Broncos
Mike Tice, Minnesota Vikings
Mike Sherman, Green Bay Packers
Mike Mularkey, Buffalo Bills
Mike Holmgren, Seattle Seahawks
Mike Martz, St. Louis Rams
Mike Nolan, San Francisco 49ers
I mean, that's kinda weird. Does anyone else think that's a little weird?

The 49ers will most likely stink this year. Maybe 3-13, 4-12. They'll probably get the first or second pick in the draft next year. Leinart is out of the question, since they have Smith. They already got RB Frank Gore from Miami in this year's draft, but I wouldn't put it past the organization to use their pick on Reggie Bush from USC. Best player in the draft after Leinart, right? Well, at least, I think so. They can use him as a WR/KR, as he is sometimes used in the USC offense, so San Fran could make that work. Here's the point: If Frank can win the RB position, and Reggie accepts the WR position, check it out: Gore and Bush will be working together in the same field. Isn't that hilarious? Yeah, maybe not.

You know, there's this scene in an episode of "Friends" that, every time I see it, kinda gets to me. It's the last scene in "The One Where Joey Tells Rachel". It's weird, for me - I guess I put myself in Joey's shoes in that scene. I've dealt with having to tell a girl I liked them a few times in my short life - most of the time ending in embarrassment, resulting from being shot down. Another thing about that scene is that both Matt LeBlanc and Jennifer Aniston sell the scene so well - It was as if I could fell Joey get shot down, his hopes crashing to the floor. And, this is one of the only times you really feel that Joey's feelings for Rachel are genuine, and that the two are close friends. It borders on heart-wrenching. It's such a good scene, too. I dunno; I look at them both completely different in that scene - hell, in that episode - than I usually do. Jennifer looks prettier, Matt looks more vulnerable, etc. If you don't like "Friends"... screw you guys, I'm not talkin' to you. Just kidding - I like that scene, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home