Paulo's Place

Anything - and I mean anything - on the wacky, bored mind of Paulo Camacho.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Songs of Significance: "Joy To The World" by Three Dog Night

When you go through your music collection, you stumble upon songs that just bring back memories. For me, that happens often – “Songs of Significance,” I call them. There’s probably a song that brings back any given particular memory. Today, I would like to mention one of those songs – “Joy to the World” by Three Dog Night.

And, no, it’s not because “Forrest Gump” was one of my favorite movies growing up. (As a matter of fact, I honestly didn’t know what to make of it when I first saw it.)
No, this holds particular significance because it brings back the memory of when I first heard it – my sixth grade talent show. I sang “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole, that year. It was some good times (I guess). But, I guess that's beside the point: The first time I heard this song, it was used as for a routine by four girls – Carin Taorimino, Jana Jun, Kristen Laguna and Kim Yacksan – which, for some reason, stuck out for me. Can’t explain it, really – maybe it was their routine, or something. Anyway, I’ll always think of those four whenever I hear that song, and that kickass talent show, 11 years ago.

Alright. That’s all. Just a random observation. Okay, folks, show’s over, nothing to see here …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home