Paulo's Place

Anything - and I mean anything - on the wacky, bored mind of Paulo Camacho.

Monday, February 05, 2007

It's Weird ...

I must have run into about five of my friends today ... and when I say "ran into", I mean, I saw them walking through campus. To have run into them, I would have assumed they would have noticed me and said 'hey'. I wouldn't really bring it up, if it didn't keep happening to me today.

I mean, first, it was Nick, when I got to school this morning. It was just an observation - I saw him, and I thought, "Hey, that was Nick." I didn't think much of it. Then, I saw Ora - which was weird, 'cause I hardly ever saw her anymore. She was walking in my direction, and we actually crossed paths. Strangely enough, we didn't say anything to each other. Maybe I should've said something.

Then, I saw Adri, over on the Quad, this afternoon - I hadn't seen her on campus in awhile, and I tried to say hi, get her attention. Alas, she was on her phone, and seemed somewhat distracted. Finally, I saw Ambar, coming out of my Soc advising appointment. She, like Ora, was walking in my direction, and we, too, crossed paths. But, we didn't greet each other, either.

Granted, I did see a bunch of people who said hi to me today - Vince, Lorraine, Garveaux, Joneric, Naomi, Neil, and the like. Happens every day, obviously. It just stood out in my mind that I practically ran into people I know, and we didn't say hi.

Anyway, 'twas a strange pattern, that I thought I had to get off my chest. Why, you ask? I dunno - It was a pointless, random observation, so get off my back! Geez ... But, anyway, the moral of the story: Say hi to your friends if you see them on the street or whatever. Just a simple acknowledgment would do.
We could all use a little acknowledgment from your friends every once in awhile, even if you don't know them that well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home