Paulo's Place

Anything - and I mean anything - on the wacky, bored mind of Paulo Camacho.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Life as a College Student Pt. II

Ah, on to moving day. To be honest, I didn’t know what to expect. I have essentially been living by myself for the past 6 years – I say this only because, since my parents were always at work and my brother was rarely ever home while he was still living in Davis, and since I didn’t have much of a social life since then, I have spent a lot of time by myself, alone with my thoughts. Knowing that I was about to share a suite with four complete strangers was a fact that proceeded to scare the crap out of me, once I started thinking about it.
But, there I was – after weeks of preparing my psyche for the move, I was moving into Cuarto Castilian North, Room 334B.

You know, I’d never hung out at the Grad at night, before. I dunno – I just never found the time or the reason to. It kinda just happened on a whim – see, I was walking home from the parade at the ARC, just because I wanted to get home. I stopped by the AM/PM, and got myself a slurpee. Went to the checkout stand, ran into Yoojin, who was with a friend, getting ready to go to the Grad. It was Salsa night, and they felt like going. Since I had nothing better to do but go home and veg out, I decided to seize the moment. They asked if I wanted to come along, I concurred, we went to the Grad.

Homecoming. It was great. Considering I had never really cared about my high school sports much, and three years of community college never really lured me into following college sports, it was the first time I was part of the college sports world. It was cool – it was a new experience.

It was especially fitting for me, as, for homecoming, we were up against the school I – and, I assume, many others – passed up in order to attend UC Davis: the Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Mustangs. It was the standard joke – Cal Poly students were UC Davis rejects. It helped fuel the feud – I, for one, hold no true animosity toward Cal Poly. I know friends and former high school classmates that go to Cal Poly. But, hey – it was a matter of school pride. I was down with Davis, and nothing was changing that.

Now, at first I was somewhat perturbed when I found out that Erica was kicked out. Maybe perturbed is the wrong word: let’s just use “upset”. I was mildly upset when I heard that she was being forced to move out of the building. It sucked, really. Personally, I thought that, not only was she the most competent, energetic, enthusiastic RA we had, and one of the nicest girls you could ever meet, she was, for lack of better words, a hottie. I mean, she was beautiful, and, you know what? I feel no shame in admitting it. It’s the truth. But, seriously, she was practically the heart of Castilian North, and she was forced to leave. It just sucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home